Truck accidents are often catastrophic events, causing extensive property damages and potentially life threatening injuries. Considering the massive height and weight of most tractor trailers and semi trucks, regular motor vehicles simply can not compare. In many cases, it is these motorists and their passengers who suffer the most harm.
At Fisher & Talwar, our Los Angeles truck accident lawyers are available to help victims in these situations. While you focus on your recovery, you can trust us to work hard at holding those responsible for your injuries accountable. We provide the professional legal representation you need to protect your rights so that you can get the compensation you are entitled to for the injuries you have suffered.
Representation You Can Count On When Truck Accidents Occur
According to statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), roughly 115, 000 people are injured in truck accidents each year, while more than 4,000 others die as the result of their injuries. In California alone, truck accidents resulted in over 300 fatalities in 2016. In more than seventy percent of these cases, it was not the truck driver who was harmed, but rather occupants in other vehicles.
Those injured in truck accidents often face an uphill battle in terms of recovery. As the result of your injuries you may require extensive treatments and the need for ongoing care and physical rehabilitation, while being unable to work or provide for your loved ones. At Fisher & Talwar, our experienced Los Angeles truck accident lawyers provide professional representation you can count on in these situations, representing victims who have suffered the following types of injuries:
- Soft tissues injuries, such as torn muscles, tendons, and ligaments;
- Severe cuts and lacerations, which can result in the loss of use of body parts;
- Burns, resulting in permanent damage and disfigurement;
- Back and neck injuries, including fractured vertebrae and ruptured disks;
- Abdominal injuries, causing damage to internal organs;
- Spinal cord injury, resulting in partial or complete paralysis;
- Head injuries, including severe concussions and traumatic brain injuries.
In some situations, the injuries suffered may prove to be fatal. While no amount of money can bring back your loved one or ease your sorrow, we can help get the justice you deserve while making sure you family is financially provided for in the months and years to come.
Holding Those Responsible For Truck Accidents Accountable
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) conducts extensive investigations into how and why truck accidents occur. While road and weather conditions are often factors in these types of accidents, it is often the actions of the truck driver or the trucking company that are to blame. The FMCSA lists the following as among the most common causes of truck accidents:
- Reckless driving behaviors, such as speeding, going too fast for conditions, and disregarding traffic rules;
- Aggressive driving, such as tailgating and failure to yield;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- Distracted driving, such as using cellphones or texting;
- Driving while fatigued and falling asleep behind the wheel;
- Improper loading and exceeding maximum weight limits;
- Failing to properly inspect and maintain parts, such as the engine, tires, or brakes.
Our Los Angeles truck accident attorneys can help you hold truck drivers responsible for reckless and negligent actions that contributed to your accident and the injuries you suffered. Depending on the situation, we may also be able to hold the trucking company or leasing agents accountable for improper training or company practices, such as failing to maintain their fleet or requiring overly demanding schedules that put you and your loved ones in danger.
Getting the Compensation You Are Entitled To For Your Injuries
When dealing with trucking companies in the aftermath of an accident, it is important to be aware that they have a financial motive for undervaluing and denying your claim. Before making any statements or signing any documents, speak with our Los Angeles truck accident lawyer first.
At Fisher & Talwar, we have extensive experience in dealing with these companies and their insurers and understand the tactics they often use to dispute claims. During negotiations on your behalf, we conduct our own investigations, gathering evidence and employing truck accident experts to support your version of events. If an appropriate settlement cannot be reached in your claim, we will not hesitate to file a personal injury lawsuit on your behalf and to fight your case in court. Compensation you may be entitled to in a court judgment includes:
- Current and future medical expenses, including physical therapy, medications, home health care, and assistive devices;
- Lost wages, as well as any future losses in earnings or benefits you may suffer due to your injuries and any lasting disabilities that result;
- Compensation for pain, suffering, and mental anguish, as well as loss of enjoyment in life and loss of companionship for family members;
- Punitive damages, which is additional compensation meant to punish negligent truck drivers or trucking companies for conduct that was particularly willful or reckless.
In the event a truck accident proves fatal, we can advise you on filing a wrongful death claim, seeking compensation for funeral and medical expenses, as well as for the future losses in income and support you have been deprived as the result of your loved one’s death.
Contact Our Los Angeles Truck Accident Lawyers
At Fisher & Talwar Today
When you have suffered serious losses and damages as the result of a truck accident, get the professional legal help you need and contact Fisher & Talwar today. We offer award winning legal service and exceptional client care from a team of lawyers with the experience you need to get results.
You have only one chance at getting the compensation you need for the damages you have suffered. We serve clients throughout Southern California and the Orange County areas; call or contact our Los Angeles truck accident attorneys online today and request a free case consultation to see how we can help you.